Avia Solutions Group – an international aviation holding company with more than 30 subsidiaries globally providing comprehensive aviation business solutions in the following areas: aircraft MRO, aviation training, IT solutions, VIP charter and aircraft management, ground handling & fuelling, aviation personnel resourcing and tourism. Our innovative and constantly growing holding has close to 2500 experts living and working in 40 locations worldwide as well as speaking over 10 different languages. Over the years, Avia Solutions Group has developed a vast expertise and strong technical base with complete infrastructure including over 30 000 sq. m. of modern, fully equipped hangars and workshops in Europe and Southeast Asia. The company has teamed and trained top-level professionals and received international certification and recognition.
Avia Solutions Group was the first Lithuanian company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) (2011-2018) and the first foreign company listed on the exchange in 2011.
Through the services of our subsidiaries, we maintain an active presence in Europe, the CIS and the Asia-Pacific region with representative offices in Lithuania, Poland, the United Kingdom, the USA, Russia and Thailand.
More information: www.aviasg.com
2017 company achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
Avia Solutions Group increased revenues by 14% for the group and continued expanding it service offerings.
In addition to this, Avia Solutions Group:
- Through FL Technics opened line stations in Riga (RIX), Latvia, Nuremberg (NUE), Germany, and Valencia (VLC), Spain;
- Through FL Technics expanded training locations to the UK, Cyprus, Slovakia, Luxemburg, Slovenia, Seychelles, and Ireland which brought it to a total of 57 training locations worldwide;
- Through BAA Training it opened a new base for the Middle Eastern region in Sharjah, UAE
- Through Klasjet it introduced a Boeing 737-500 corporate jet to its fleet;
- Through BSG it expanded its fuelling and ADR transportation into Estonia, Russia, and the Czech Republic;
- Through Storm Aviation Ltd., it established a new subsidiary in Germany, Storm Aviation GmbH.
2016 company achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
In 2016, Avia Solutions Group, together with its sister company AviaAM Leasing has engaged in partnership with Henan Civil Aviation Investment Company (HNCA), aiming to cooperate in aviation finance, aircraft MRO, tourism and other related industries.
In 2016, Avia Solutions Group in partnership with other business partner has finished the construction of the passenger terminal at the Zhukovsky aerodrome. The Zhukovsky International Airport opened doors in the late spring of 2016, with the first passenger flight conducted in summer.
In addition to this, Avia Solutions Group:
- Through BGS it expanded its capabilities in the aircraft fueling segment by signing a partnership deal with WARTER aviation and launching AVGAS fuel supply services.
- Through BGS it became the strategic partner of IATA by joining its renowned Strategic Partnerships program.
- Through FL Technics it became the official distributor of NYCO – turbine and piston engine oils, hydraulic fluids, greases, specialty lubricants and additives, manufacturer.
- Through Helisota it received Part 145 certification to conduct maintenance works on Airbus Helicopters including HC120, HC135, HC145 (ЕС120, ЕС135, ЕС145).
- Through FL Technics has become the official global representative of leading storage, insulation hangars and protective cover supplier SVD-Promtent.
2015 company achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
In 2015, Avia Solutions Group launched a brand new tour operator – KIDY Tour. Lead by a team of experts, the company organizes vacations to the most popular Turkish resorts flying its clients with the most modern aircraft fleet in Lithuanian leisure travel market.
In 2015, Avia Solutions Group and its subsidiary BAA Training cooperate with China-based aerospace giant Haite Group in establishing a training base, BAA Singapore. The centre is capable of providing Pilot Type Rating, Cabin Crew and Ground Handling training to Asia, Pacific and MENA markets.
In 2015, cooperating with BAA Training and Kazimieras Simonavicius University, Avia Solutions Group engaged in a project of establishment and development of AeroTraining cluster near Vilnius International Airport. The cluster will include aviation specialists training facility as well as hotel located in the near proximity of the airport for pilots and other industry professionals.
In addition to this, Avia Solutions Group:
- Through FL Technics it expands its presence to the US by opening a representative office in Florida, USA.
- Through FL Technics it receives EASA Part 145 certificate for providing maintenance, repair and overhaul services for the Sukhoi Superjet 100-95 aircraft. Later that year, the company supplements its EASA Part M capabilities with Sukhoi Superjet 100.
- Through BGS it launched fuelling services at 3 new European airports including Riga, Tallinn and Radom-Sadkow International Airports.
- Through Jet MS it broadens its capabilities in private jet MRO by adding Bombardier Challenger 604/605.
- Through BGS it became the official logistics partner for Neste Oil in Lithuania, transporting fuel to over 60 fuelling stations across the country.
- Through FL Technics it becomes the exclusive representative of major industry suppliers Future Metals and Aviointeriors and SVD-Promtent.
- Through BGS it becomes a member of IATA’s Ground Handling Council.
- Through Storm Aviation it launched a training programme for Airbus A380.
2014 company achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
In January, 2014 Avia Solutions Group signed a cooperation contract with the largest Russian state-owned holding company Rostec. The enterprises have agreed upon establishing a joint-venture that will implement the development and management of the fourth Moscow airport in the territory of the existing Ramenskoye aerodrome.
In addition to this, Avia Solutions Group:
- Through FL Technics, it won a tender for the rent of 8400 sq. m. MRO hangar in Indonesia.
- Welcomed the first clients to its new MRO centre in Kaunas following the receipt of EASA Part 145 certificate. Avia Solutions Group invested over €20 million in the modern 8000 sq. m. maintenance base in Lithuania that will serve the narrow body aircraft segment.
- Launched a brand new VIP charter carrier KlasJet. The company specializes in private and corporate charter flights as well as aircraft management services.
- Through Locatory.com it has revolutionized the aircraft spare parts search by introducing Artificial Intelligence tool. The technology named Amber A.I. is able to recognize part numbers, quantities and condition as well as produce automatic reports and send RFQs in just a few clicks.
- Through FL Technics its EASA Part 21J has been extended to Major Modifications.
- Through FL Technics Line Russia it was recognized as a number one company in the transport and inventory wholesales and received the Russia’s Leader 2013 award.
- Through FL Technics Training it launched an online EASA-compliant courses platform Online Training™. The platform covers a set of specialized continuing and re-current courses, supplemented by the issuance of relevant certificates upon successful completion of the courses.
- Through FL Technics Jets it received ISO ISO 9001:2008 certificate as well as became an Authorized Rockwell Collins Dealer.
- Through Helisota it became an official representative of Mi and An aircraft component manufacturer FED.
- Through FL Technics it became an exclusive representative of Dedienne Aerospace in the CIS region.
2013 Сompany achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
In February, 2013 Avia Solutions Group successfully passed certification as a member of TRACE International Inc, an international non-profit association of commercial intermediaries promoting compliance with transparent and anti-bribery business practices.
2012 Сompany achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
In 2012, Avia Solutions Group officially launched the construction of a new aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul centre at the Port Special Economic Zone (PSEZ) in Ulyanovsk, Russia. The project includes the construction of dual 8,200 sq. m. hangars for servicing both narrow and wide body aircraft.
Further to this, Avia Solutions Group:
- Received final permission to construct a new 8,200 sq. m. aircraft maintenance hangar in Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Launched fuelling services at 3 Polish airports, including Warsaw Chopin (WAW).
- Through Baltic Aviation Academy it launched a new project – SimHelp. The company provides comprehensive maintenance support and spare parts supply for various aircraft Full Flight Simulators.
- Through Baltic Ground Services it received approval from the Italian Civil Aviation Administration (ENAC) to provide ground handling services at Lamezia Airport (SUF), Italy.
- Through FL Technics it received EASA Part-21 approval, allowing the design and approval of minor changes and repairs to aircraft cabin interiors as well as associated changes to avionics and other structures.
- Through FL Technics Jets it became the first fully authorized Hawker Beechcraft service centre in Eastern Europe.
- In association with the leading industry media outlet, Aviation Week, it organized a one-of-a-kind conference: MRO Regional – Baltics, Eastern Europe and Russia. The conference attracted over 300 representatives from all over the world. The success of the event resulted in the decision to make MRO Regional: BEER an annual industry event.
- Attracted more than 20 major aftermarket players to the Locatory.com platform.
Contributing to the overall success in 2012:
- FL Technics and Baltic Ground Services were ranked among the TOP 10 Lithuanian companies with the highest growth.
- 3 major Russian carriers – Aeroflot, Transaero and UTair – commenced or extended existing cooperation with Avia Solutions Group and FL Technics.
- Leading Polish tour operators, including Neckerman, Alpha Star and Itaka, became customers of Small Planet Airlines Poland.
2011 Сompany achievements under the leadership of G. Ziemelis
Avia Solutions Group became the first Lithuanian company to successfully enter the Warsaw Stock Exchange in March, 2011.
In the six months following the initial public offering, Avia Solutions Group launched its ground maintenance services in three Polish airports (Warsaw, Katowice and Krakow). The company had further intended to expand its activities to three more airports in the country (Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan).
Avia Solutions Group achievements in 2011:
- Throughout the course of the financial year the number of purchased aircraft (Boeing 737, Airbus A320) increased to ten.
- The company launched complex CFM and V2500 engine type maintenance and technical support services and fulfilled more than 10 orders.
- Raised the number of engines purchased and leased during maintenance procedures to five.
- After successful audits performed by ENAC (Italy) and ULC (Poland), Small Planet Airlines gained Italian and Polish carrier certificates. The company also holds a Lithuanian carrier certificate.
- Within a short time the company launched a global e-platform for aircraft spare parts (www.locatory.com) accommodating more than 500 million spare parts and repair services on its database. The system is used and appreciated by companies in Russia, India, China, Brazil, Germany, Kazakhstan and other countries.
- The newly established company, AviationCV.com, specializing in crew leasing services opened its doors in July and signed its first contracts in August. In the upcoming three years’ it expects to become the second largest crew leasing services provider in Europe.
- In 2011, other group companies engaged in maintenance and technical support for business jets and training solutions for cabin crew and technical staff received over 30 different EASA licenses and approvals in more than 10 countries.
- The number of people working within the company increased from 650 in the beginning of the year to 1,100 in September. Currently, the company operates in seven different countries.
Several substantial agreements signed in 2011:
- An agreement with the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation regarding activity in the Ulyanovsk Airport Free Economic Zone. Based on the agreement, FL Technics will pursue a project involving hangar and technical base construction in the Russian territory. The overall investments were estimated at $24 million.
- A long-term cooperation agreement with CAE – a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence.
- Based on the results of its IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, Avia Solutions Group was recognized as one of the best companies.